Saturday, March 1, 2014

ABOVE THE SMOG LAYER

Beyond my cluttered room,
Unmade sheets, "Faker" tattoo
See past this fast drum-line, the swelling of the seas,
1983, it's so hard to conceive when everyone's so naïve
I see a time with human slaves to machines

I think I have a chance to do something in the near-future that'll one day be viewed with significance
Or am I just drunk again?

Sore throats, satellites fall from the skies
Small bones, take my hand being with large eyes

We visited civilizations that came before
They showed me galaxies human beings could only dream to explore
They said "Here we are engaged in World War Four"

So tell me stars, why should I stay?
All my friends have gone away
There's no "Hollywood Ending" for me
No house in the hills, still I can't breathe

Oh me, oh my, a tropical sunrise by the power lines
To mesmerize me, hypnotize me, solve the mystery of the missing time
Now I'm enlightened,
But to my horror I see their triangle logo so now I know they're watching me
And tracking me

No comments:

Post a Comment