Monday, February 10, 2014

DISARRAY

Showcase Theater, Corona, CA 3/17/06
 
Why do things just happen to happen to people they just happen to happen to?
Why am I just a teenage boy, and why must you be just a teenage girl, in this little world, where I am? It's such a coincidence...
That hair you wear, your special flair, grin and squint, tan skin, I swear!
I swear you know, but you're so far away,
My friends say I'm alone in disarray.
 
Why am I just twenty-something now, and why must you be twenty-something now, too,
On this marble of blue, where we play? It's such a coincidence...
The clothes you wear, your sarcastic stare, dark brown eyes, reflecting starlight glare
To no avail, my friends will blindly say chauvinistic things to try to sway me the other way,
But, no way...
 
I always act foolish if I feel this chance is real, not a dream, not my imagination, infatuation,
Life is like a tune: da da da doo
As summer days fade out, fall's here to stay, I give way, turn grey, decay, and waste away
 
And you don't give a damn about me,
And why should I give a damn about you, or what we could be?
You don't give a damn about our love, so why should I give a damn if you don't give a damn about me?
So doubt me, but I know you can't live without me,
My heart is like bamboo (it bends it doesn't break)
 
Nothing I do for you is good enough for you, as lame as this may seem,
I have a thing for you having a thing for me
This kid's jealousy is taking over me,
I guess I'll just get used to this
Life is only a series of events.....
 
Why do things just happen to happen to me?

Photo by Eddie Guevara

No comments:

Post a Comment